Apply as the Purchasing Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres - Belgium
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Contract Type: 50% Activity Rate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Constantly assessing different suppliers for standard items. Taking the lead in making sure framework agreements are signed for all standard re-occurring purchases.
- Being the back-up for the storekeeper and the Supply Officer when on leave
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education University degree in Administration, Logistics, Procurement or a relevant field
- Experience 2 to 4 years' experience in similar field
- International NGO experience will be desirable
- Languages English Language essential, Igbo language desirable
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copy of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate/Exemption Letters to: Msfocbemail@example.com
Send their Hard copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Block D 33 Liberation Estate,
Abakaliki - Ebonyi State.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed