Copy Editors at Mariabake Media (3 Openings)
LAGOS , KADUNA , KWARA ,
Mariabake Media - We are tasked with delivering authentic and accurate information as we hold the utmost belief that our audience has the right to be adequately informed. Our mission is to uncover the truth no matter the circumstance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Copy Editor
Locations: Kaduna, Kwara, Lagos
- We are seeking a motivated and savvy Copy Editor to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping audience in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of latest media trends and content best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed