Senior Health Financing Associate, Health Policy Plus (Consultant) at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Health Financing Associate, Health Policy Plus (Consultant)
Job ID: req10515
Project Overview and Role
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded project that was awarded to Palladium in August 2015 as a five-year, $185 million project; the project was later awarded a two-year extension and $37 million added to its value, making it a seven-year program worth $222 million.
- HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal health.
- It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities.
- HP+ provides technical assistance to governments, civil society, and the private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization, put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress toward global, national, and subnational health goals.
- HP+ has been engaged by the USAID Nigeria Office to conceptualize and design activities to improve sustainable financing for HIV/AIDS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Health Financing Associate will support the HP+ team by conducting analyses, facilitating discussions/workshops with stakeholders, and writing analytical pieces to inform a technical memorandum outlining the feasibility for Nigerian pharmaceutical firms to locally produce antiretrovirals and HIV test kits.
- (S)he will work closely with members of the HP+ team that are based both locally and internationally.
- Experience in public health, economics, statistics, or other related discipline.
- Relevant work experience in health or health financing, and data analysis or research. Experience in HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong English writing, oral communication, and reporting skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Ability to take initiative and respond independently to situations.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Provide analytical support (including desk-based research, literature reviews, and/or quantitative analyses) related to local production of HIV commodities in other countries and related to the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria.
- Lead the design, preparation, and facilitation of workshops and roundtable engagements with stakeholders as necessary (e.g., from PEPFAR, Global Fund, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies).
- Contribute to the team’s assessment of the feasibility of local production of HIV commodities, including potential benefits and risks.
- Write sections of the technical memorandum (as assigned).
- Contribute sections to several reports for USAID.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the HP+ team.
Part-time consultancy from February through May 2021, with the possibility of extension.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Login And Apply