HR Business Partner at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Req ID: 275981
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The HRBP will partner with the business leadership team to effectively execute the country people plan, leveraging the local country context and expertise by delivering HR services in line with the agreed service proposition and service delivery model, fully leveraging their partnership with People Services team and across OneHR.
- The role will support Pharma Leadership Team and aligned populations within Nigeria and Kenya, as a trusted partner to the business to drive impact in talent, leadership, culture and capability
- The role is agile and flexible to support peaks in demand, project or initiatives.
- The role will align HR strategic and operational activity within Nigeria and Kenya to the Pharma Commercial IPTc strategy, as it flows from the Performance Emerging Markets Region.
- Be a trusted and agile HR partner to leaders to drive people agenda and deliver against IPTc priorities. Maintain a strong understanding of the Pharma business, IPTc strategy and GSK in the context of HR activity to improve business performance.
- Coach and develop line managers around HR policies, processes and ways of working to hold them accountable for employee’s experience and to enable teams and individuals to be most effective in their roles.
- Develop pragmatic solutions to address complex business issues and by interpreting local legislation, policies etc. and mitigating risk and utilising wider OneHR Resources to support delivery
- Support line leaders in key employee lifecycle processes like hiring, performance and development, relocations etc. as well as business changes such as mergers/acquisition integrations, reorganisations, etc.
- Support driving best in class talent management and succession planning in their business area to build a high quality, diverse talent pipeline that enables business growth now and in the future.
- Coach and challenge leaders to increase diversity through recruitment and talent management.
- Lead initiatives that enable the organisation to have the best leaders at all levels, with the right capabilities to motivate, focus, develop and care for the people and a culture of purpose and performance.
- Use digital, data and analytics tools and processes to gain forward-looking insights to diagnose issues and inform execution of the people strategy.
- Diagnose and / or deliver change projects in line with the HR and business agenda.
- Partner with colleagues across OneHR to bring the new HR model to life with a patient-first mindset.
- Support key annual HR activity, i.e. the P&R process
- Ensure HR risks are mitigated, company reputation is protected and related financial, legal and policy duties are carried out. Manage escalations and support the business to create a positive employee environment. Partner with the Employee Relations Team to resolve high-risk ER issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues.
- Be disciplined in reducing customisation and champion our investment in new technology, regional hubs, standardised tools and processes within HR and with the business.
- Experience supporting a business/country leadership team within a matrixed structure, translating business objectives into HR solutions through appropriately setting direction, objectives, targets and metrics - delivering against demanding targets and meeting criteria of time, cost, quality and performance and providing the analysis and performance results of such solutions.
- A good understanding of various HR generalist processes, functional expertise in delivering organisation change, and hands-on experience of managing complex employee relations issues.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders within the business and in HR
- Experience working with data to create insight and diagnose future talent risks and opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed