Gynecologist / Obstetrician at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) - French
Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gynecologist / Obstetrician
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
- Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients in the project, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Provide emergency obstetric care in the maternity:
- Daily ward rounds in maternity with the medical and midwifery teams
- Ensure new admissions are assessed and receive an appropriate management
- Assist in management of complicated deliveries and care of pathologies.
- Assess patients requiring any procedure e.g. instrumental delivery, intrauterine aspiration curettage, caesarean section. Prepare them for theatre in conjunction with maternity and OT staff including informed consent of patient and care giver
- Ensure clear documentation and communication of the patient’s status is done by all members of the team
- Participate to the on-call roster and provide support and bed side training to the member of the team on duty
- Daily rounds and management of ICU patients in collaboration with the expat med Anesthetist
- Work in collaboration with obstetrics consultants from Kano teaching hospital (AKTH).
- Ensure in collaboration with medical activity manager/MTL the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- Participate in the ward round in hospitalization (annex) .
- Perform in OT.
- Share the tasks with national GPs in management of obstetric patients; support clinical thinking and decision making, ensure safe management, and coach GPs.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Participate in the maternal mortality review process / Nearmiss ( record in the dedicated tool, analysis and presentation)
- Can be involve in the Plan and supervision of the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff or other staffs in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Participate in collaboration with the head nurse and the Midwife manager the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management.
- In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the person may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Medical team leader, the project coordinator or the coordination according to the needs of the mission.
- Essential, Gynecology specialist diploma.
- Essential at least 2 years certified work experience in Gynecology
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Essential mission language; local working language would be an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Monthly Gross salary of N960,000 (Nine Hundred and Sixty Thousand Naira Only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Notice / Important Information
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed