Procurement Assistant at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
BORNO , MAIDUGURI ,
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Coordination - Maiduguri, Borno
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Supply Chain Manager in Coordination, the Procurement Assistant is responsible to process purchasing file and transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services.
- S/he is also supporting the Procurement officer in all the reporting regarding procurement tools.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- In collaboration with Deputy Supply Chain Manager, streamline the procurement& delivery process
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Deputy Supply Chain Manager
- Support the Deputy Supply Chain Managerin attending all the procurement committee meetings when s/he is unavailable or when mandated by the management
- Receive procurement requests/purchase orders, clarify request when necessary and complete purchase order
- Negotiating prices with suppliers and subcontractors
- Assist in organizing the procurement process
- Ensure that the project codes and budget lines are accurate
- Seek products that offer good value for money and negotiate the best prices
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done
- Assist the Deputy Supply Chain Manager to control the quality/quantity for all supplies ordered and delivered
- Ensure good relationships are established with local suppliers
- Respect PUI procedures in all procurement activities
- Facilitate proper paper trail and filing of all procurement documents
- Update the weekly procurement tracker follow-up and submit to Deputy Supply Chain Manager
- Update the price list on monthly base and submit to Deputy Supply Chain Manager
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts are in compliance with PUI procedures
- Prepare procurement report as requested by the Deputy Supply Chain Manager
Storage and transportation:
- Support the Deputy Supply Chain Managerin the organization of a safe delivery of goods
- Liaise with the logistics assistant to ensure space is ready to welcome goods
- Liaise with the Logistics officer regarding store maintenance and set up
- Support the Deputy Supply Chain Managerfor tasks related to the transport of goods, equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location
- Serve as the focal point to the logistics department when it comes to issues relating to purchase invoice
- Report any issues or challenging to his/her line manager
- Report on any identified improvement on the procurement tools to his/her line manager
- Assist in archiving all the hard copies linked to procurement at the base level
- Prepare and file necessary documents from other departments regarding procurement process
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- Increase efficiency in the supply management and ensure the continuity of the quality control
- Improve relationship with the programs team and suppliers
- Verification of base purchase files to prepare for audits.
- Improve support to program
- Increase effectiveness
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English (Kanuri is a plus)
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Technical skills: Previous experience in supply chain management.
- Education degree: Any University Degree, HND or its equivalent in a related field
- Work experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in a logistics department
- Interests: Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Transversal skills:
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Reliable, rigorous and well-organized
- Ability to be multi-tasking and willing to extend his/her scope of work
- Good management of time and of priorities
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Team spirit and problem solving skills
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Flexibility and adaptability skills
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Honesty and integrity
- Sense of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed