Security Officer at Nestle Nigeria Plc
Nestle Nigeria Plc - As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People's lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Lagos, NG, 9999
Position Type: Full-Time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Security Officer who is skilled in handling day-to-day Security Operational activities such as conducting Security Risk Assessment and Mitigation and contributing to the implementation of Security Best Practices as defined within the organization’s corporate policies (which serve as guides in protecting its staff, clients, reputation, brands, products, property and assets to prevent loss and ensure a secure business environment).
A day in the life of...
- Ensuring the availability of effective Security and Safety systems at site for Employees, Contractors, Visitors, People and Property.
- Raising profit and growth by adding value to the organization’s Operations and Supply Chain through effective Security and Loss Prevention in the location.
- Implementation of departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all processes by providing all technical resources to achieve the agreed mission and objectives.
- Security awareness training for Staff, Contractors and Visitors.
- Investigation and reporting / recording of security incidents, observations and surveillance activities.
- Effective co-ordination of third-party Security Operatives and Airport Protocol Detail, for the protection of travelers within and outside the Country.
- Contacting / Liaising with the public Security Agencies to enhance protection of life and properties.
- Relieving other Security Officers in the Factories, Distribution Centers and Head Office while on leave or training.
- Conducting Security Site Assessment in all Company locations within the country.
- Emergency evacuation training for staff through mock evacuation drills / training schedules and Emergency preparedness plan.
- Contacting / Liaising with the Public and Corporate Security Service Providers and Emergency Services Departments to enhance cordial working relationships and synergy.
- Security support for the Sales Force across the country through Security Risk Assessment and Advisory, Security Tips Sharing and Trainings, involvement in Event Planning for the Sales and Marketing teams, etcetera.
What Makes You Successful?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Social or Applied Sciences (Political Science, Biochemistry, Psychology, Forensics, Criminology, etcetera) or a Professional Qualification in related courses including Security, Law or other relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role, preferably gained within an FMCG environment.
- Basic knowledge and training in Safety Management, Fire Prevention, Property Patrol, Emergency / First Response and Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, Fire Inspection, Traffic Control Procedures, Accident Investigation and Self-Defense; etcetera.
- Great Report-Writing, Communication and Teaching Skills.
- Confident and Courageous individual with an appreciable degree of Adaptability where required.
- Passion for Excellence; with a great deal of Discipline (Stickler for adherence to laid-down Policies and Procedures; including COVID-19 protocols).
- Courtesy, Decisiveness, Creativity, Integrity and good Interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as Surveillance tools - CCTV, GPS Trackers, Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), Voice / Facial Recognition tools, Bugs, Hidden Microphones, Radio Transmitters and other Biometric Detection apps.
- Up-to-date savviness in Social Media technology – WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etcetera.
- Good Investigative skills.
- Flexibility / willingness to travel or work outside of designated post occasionally, recommended
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedure and Notice
- Apply by clicking on the link above, simply follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV.
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed