Procurement Manager at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific company policies in the management of procurement activities while setting objectives for subordinated positions. The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
- Ensure adherence to proper inventory control system is maintained to carefully monitor stock positions, reorder levels & obsolescence of stock
- Prepares internal specification and provides advisory assistance to departments in obtaining specifications, quotations, delivery terms and costs and recommends substitutes materials, where economies can be realized or delivery improved.
- Interviews vendor representatives, solicit and monitor quotation processes and negotiate suitable credit terms from suppliers.
- “Educate” suppliers to migrate from advance payment mentality to payment on fair credit terms.
- Encourage suppliers to phase in electronic and transparent ordering and billing systems.
- Prepare annual budget request for work unit; estimate staffing and equipment requirements based on recent trends and planned activities. Prepare budgetary needs for companywide centralized expenditure, monitor current expenditure against budgeted costs and prepare timely reports as need arises.
- Ensure purchase orders are executed as required and ensure delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted operations
- Responsible for coordination and supervision of all operational and administrative activities in the Procurement department
- Develops and updates written procurement policies and procedures, explains and interprets procedures to supervisors and others and enforces compliance with such policies.
- Ensure adherence to approved budget and analyze and report on variances
- Approves requisitions for purchase of materials or supplies.
- Ensures proper control, timely follow up and logistics related to the import of parts and equipment from all foreign suppliers
- Implement and maintain accurate logistics report in conjunction with clearing agents to enable proper status reports of all goods in transit
- Interviews and hires new staff; prioritizes, assigns and reviews work. Approves time off, vacations and prepares employee performance evaluation.
- Performs any other ad hoc procurement work as may be assigned from time to time
We Are Looking For
- Requires a college degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related discipline. Some formal instruction in engineering or an engineering-related discipline helpful.
- Requires at least five to seven years of procurement experience in private industry, preferably in shipping or transportation industry. In addition, must have at least three years of managerial experience, directing a procurement staff of similar size and scope.
- Must have extensive knowledge of procurement practices and principles.
- Must have extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Must have some working knowledge of engineering terms, drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Must have thorough understanding of software applications for purchasing.
- Must have strong experience in managing & using inventory control systems.
- Must be able to understand basic finance & accounting principles in order to control budgets & costs.
- Cost/Price analysis skills.
- Knowledge of contract laws, and conditions.
- Very high ethical standards.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed