Project Manager (Construction / Engineering) at JAMUB Group - Menzon Limited
ABUJA , FCT ,
Menzon Limited - Our client, JAMUB Group is a Group of Company with vast interest in the area of Construction, General Contracting and Supplies, Consultancy Management, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Pharmaceutical, Properties and Estate Development. Jamub Property is a subsidiary of Jamub Group, a reputable Real Estate company with the aim to make available to Nigerian’s quality and affordable residential, commercial and office accommodation, thereby creating a virile real estate sector and contributing to national development.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Construction / Engineering)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seeks to employ Project Manager for its client Jamub Group. Candidate would be responsible for comprehensive design and consultancy services alongside execution of varied type of projects including public, corporate, residential and retail sectors.
- Contribute towards growth in company’s clientele and revenue base by ensuring maximal productivity within strategic business unit operation.
- Managing, designing, developing, and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample tests for damage control purposes.
- Providing technical recommendations on construction materials, sites, and infrastructure
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations and risk assessment
- Liaising with the site coordinator and architects on project sites
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Making sure the project complies with legal and industry technical requirements.
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of building projects
- Managing, directing, and monitoring construction progress during each phase of a project
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer aided design packages and software to get the appropriate results.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Monitoring progress and compile reports in project status
- Providing advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Oversee infrastructural design on all Company’s projects including roads or retail schemes and maintain the character of sites for natural beauty.
- Liaise with the Architects to assess site potential and establish general landscape requirements.
- Liaise with the structural and geotechnical engineer to investigate ground conditions and safe designs; and their fit for the aesthetical concept of the specific project
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or his designate
- A minimum of a Bachelors' degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or another related field. An MEng or professional certificate will be added advantage.
- At least 10 - 15 years’ relevant experience in a similar role within a construction company
- Previous / current experience in project management would be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of COREN or other professional industry regulatory body.
- Experience in project management, process redesign, and analytical skills are all valuable.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft word, etc.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approval
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment.
- Sound mathematician with technical skills including physics.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Cover Letter attached to: email@example.com using "Application for Position of Project Manager" as subject of the email.
Note: Candidates should ensure that their CV is saved with their Full name.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed