Warehouse & Inventory Officer at Nutri K Limited
Nutri K Limited is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization and distribution process of ready to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria.
With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRI K LIMITED is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria. The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse & Inventory Officer
- Nutri K is now looking for Warehouse & Inventory Officer for its Production department to carry out its activities in Kano.
The key role of Warehouse & Inventory officer:
- Specialist will be responsible for the receipt, storage, distribution, inventory management and records maintenance of items in the warehouse and stores- both raw materials and finish goods as well as equipment.
- The purpose of this position is to supervise and coordinate the activities of those engaged in inventory management and to ensure that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards.
- He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receiving, storing, issuing of goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Follow up purchase contracts
- To oversee hygiene, health and safety aspect of the warehouse and take responsibility for the security of stock as well as the warehouse building.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments Check all starting data and ensure conformity Supervise local purchases
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers, supervise warehousing and inventory
- Maintain records according to a filing system
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Be able to interpret and service orders from production, liaise with quality department etc.
- Education degree - Bachelor's degree in Business management, Logistics or any other related field.
- Work experience - 4 years of experience in supply chain related field
- Language skills - English & Hausa is essential
- Computer skills - MS Word, MS Excel & Outlook.
Other Required Skills:
- Ability to create and follow schedules
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Reporting Skills
- Team working skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed