Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Warehouse Technical Assistance
Location: Field Based, Nigeria
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Manager, Warehouse Technical Assistance to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an Associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management GHSC-PSM project is the vehicle for the implementation of USAID and Global Fund support in Nigeria to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to health facilities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families. GHSC-PSM is supported directly by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID’s family planning & reproductive health program and Global Fund to provide health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance services that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. This project is managed by Chemonics International.
- GHSC-PSM currently serves as the special purpose vehicle; SPV, providing technical assistance and support to the Government of Nigeria at both national and state level, in the design, development, implementation and management improved warehousing through sustainable financing mechanisms including Public Private Partnership (PPP). The Manager, Warehouse Technical Assistance will work closely and extensively with FMOH, SMOH, implementing partners and all stakeholders, towards achieving pharma grade warehouse infrastructure across USAID supported states. The Manager, Warehouse Technical Assistance will actively participate in the end to end process of planning and the implementation appropriate strategies and models, as applicable to each location, providing technical inputs and professional advice throughout the engineering procurement and construction stages of the warehouse infrastructure upgrade.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Warehouse infrastructure Technical Assistance:
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide technical assistance on the architectural, engineering design and development of the appropriate warehouse infrastructure models to be adopted and implemented by supported states.
- Work with the stakeholders to set up well-structured Greenfield and brownfield warehouse upgrade projects, providing technical assistance for creating varying infrastructural design options (based on the space, capacity and finance).
- Provide technical support to the GON, identifying and developing building performance requirements, providing guidance throughout the subcontractors’ procurement selection process and contract negotiations, monitoring contract performance.
- Provide support to the GON at state level in identifying Infrastructure needs, including new construction and upgrade/maintenance of existing infrastructure.
- Conduct reconnaissance survey of all identified site locations to carry out the feasibility studies, site analysis and environmental impact assessments (EIA) and provide reports as appropriate to guide discussions on the planning, development and execution of warehouse Greenfield and brownfield projects.
- Develop flow charts and functional analysis of the proposed projects and transforming same to a full-blown design sketches to guide the subcontractor’s contribution to the design.
- Carry out site inspection visits (for Greenfield and brownfield projects) to assess the level of work on the site and provide technical / architectural advisory on the next steps towards the proposed renovations.
- Support the state-level implementation of the PPP initiative of the Government of Nigeria to address warehouse infrastructure needs with a view to achieving the sustainable financing of pharma grade warehousing across USAID supported states.
- With Drug and Medical Consumables Management Agencies (DMCMAs) and State Ministries of Works, coordinate warehouse infrastructure project activities for timely delivery as may be required.
- Provide technical inputs and professional advice throughout the engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contract stages of the warehouse infrastructure development / upgrade adding inputs on all relevant SOWs, evaluation criteria, as applicable, to guide the procurement process.
- Conduct scheduled Quality Assessment inspection visits to project sites to ascertain contractors’ compliance with the terms of the contracts towards the timely delivery of quality materials and projects.
- Provide technical inputs and professional advice throughout the Operation and Management (O&M) contract stages of the PPP management projects.
- Coordinate monthly technical review meetings with the architectural and engineering subcontractors, as applicable to review performance as against the set KPIs as stipulated in the contract agreement.
Warehouse Operations Technical Assistance:
- Work with state stakeholders to assess warehousing, inventory management and sustainable financing capacity gap and develop capacity building plans which integrate global lessons learned and best practices for state warehouse personnel,
- Coordinate capacity building activities targeting state warehousing personnel including warehousing and inventory management best practices to ensure adherence on Good Warehousing Practices (GWP) and Good Distribution Practices (GDP).
- Facilitate the strengthening of state-level warehouse inventory and information management systems sharing and review of stock status and other warehouse reports by the warehouse third party logistics (3PLs) partners and updating stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and deployment of the Standard Operating Procedure to be adopted across the warehouses.
Project management, monitoring and evaluation:
- Develop overall project work plans and work with all the subcontractors in implementing the project work plans and revise it as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Provide guidance in developing baseline and indicators for project monitoring and evaluation as well as inputs in preparing project status reports (monthly, quarterly and annual progress) focusing on capturing results, lessons learned, and documenting best practices to improve warehouse O&M.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all warehouse infrastructural projects EPC, O&M and ensure that Sub-Contractors performances are properly tracked and reviewed with detailed updates provided to stakeholders when required
- Facilitate the capacity building of the PMC on third party (3PL) and subcontract management and ensure compliance of the long-term private operator on pharma-grade warehouse operations and management.
- Facilitate the development of systems to review sub-contractor invoices and ensure timely payment within the stipulated timeline.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly review of all warehouse, infrastructure projects and maintain comprehensive details of all projects status and update stakeholders monthly and quarterly.
- Responsible for a bimonthly review of the operation and maintenance structure of the warehouse operations across the states.
- Conduct routine inspection visits to all project sites to monitor progress and assess the contractors’ performances and ensure strict adherence to terms and conditions of the contract agreements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Architecture, Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years' experience providing high-quality project management and infrastructure technical support in architectural, engineering and construction services
- In-depth knowledge of warehousing operations and Inventory Management best practices.
- Experience with contracting processes for 3PL engagement management and monitoring.
- Previous experience Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects daily with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, other donors, consultants, the Ministry of Health, international organizations, and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player and self-motivated
- Above average IT skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of professional software such as AutoCAD 2D and 3D level is an advantage.
- Experience working on USAID or Donor Funded project required.
- Fluency in English Language is required.
- The Manager, Warehouse Technical Assistance will report directly to the Director Warehousing and Distribution or designee.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the project based in Nigeria with travels to Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states and potentially other areas / states as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed