Lead Pediatric Medical Consultants at Palladium Group - 3 Openings
BAUCHI , SOKOTO , KEBBI ,
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We invite applications for the position below:
Job Title: Lead Pediatric Medical Consultant
Locations: Bauchi, Sokoto and Kebbi
Title: Provision of Technical Assitance on Management for Severe Cases of Malaria, Pneumonia, and Medically Complicated Acute Malnutrition in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States (Severe Malaria, Respiratory Illness and Malnutrition in 31 Hospitals across three States: Bauchi (10), Kebbi (10), Sokoto(11)
- Palladium invites applications from suitably qualified Lead Pediatric Medical Consultants to adapt training protocols and lead a team of 5-6 Pediatric Medical Consultants across three states.
- The Lead Medical Consultant will support the State Hospital Management Board, Ministry of Health (SMOH), agencies to strengthen management for severe cases of pneumonia, malaria, and severe acute malnutrition (with medical complications) in secondary hospitals of Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states.
Rapid Needs Assessment, Curriculum Design, Preparation for the Training of Trainer (ToT) and Training Readiness: April and May, 2021
The Lead Pediatric Medical Consultant will be responsible for leading the overall curriculum design effort in conjunction with the SMOH, the Hospital Management Board and IHP. This will include:
- Curriculum review and adaptation of a training manual and job aides using existing (FMOH, WHO, UNICEF) resources;
- Development of a remote / phone-based needs assessment among secondary facilities to identify training needs according to staff capacities, and available equipment / commodities in each facility;
- Identification and organization of competency-based training exercises, pre / post-tests, mentoring checklists, organization of training schedules, and training of trainer workshop.
- All training materials and needs assessments must be reviewed and endorsed. by the State Ministry of Health, the Hospital Management Board and IHP.
Mentor, Monitor and Lead Coordination of 6 Pediatric Medical Consultant Trainers Across Three States: June through September, 2021
- The Lead Pediatric Medical Consultant will also be responsible for providing quality oversight and coordinating all consultants named in this scope.
- This will be done in collaboration with IHP staff in Abuja and the Headquarters office in Washington DC. The Lead Consultant will liaise with the Hospital Management Board and IHP in advance of the trainings to ensure the facilities are prepared to receive the training.
- The Lead Consultant will also provide follow-up mentoring and supervision of the secondary care in collaboration with the Hospital Management Board and staff.
Monitor a Team of Six Consultants to Carry Out the Following Training Requirements
- When equipment and supplies are available, trainers will provide training in using oxygen equipment and nutrition commodities.
- When these supplies / equipment are not available, simplified training must be provided to refresh healthcare workers to provide optimal care using available equipment (or prompt referral to tertiary care if needed / appropriate).
Type of Contract
- This is a firm-fixed price deliverable-based contract. The consultant is expected to satisfactorily accomplish the deliverables before he / she gets paid for that deliverable.
- The IHP Chief of Party reserves the right to confirm if a deliverable is delivered adequately or otherwise.
- No price change is expected after the contract is signed. IHP will not pay for the cost of any deliverable that is not complete, of quality or on time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please follow the instructions as contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and submit to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click Here for More Information
Note: No late application will be received after the deadline.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed