Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Backend Engineer
Locations: Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan - Oyo
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Group Shared Technology
About the Position
- We are looking for a Back-end Developer who will be responsible for the server side of the company's web applications
- You will work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
- You should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs
- Therefore you have to possess excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones.
- Take part in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write quality code to develop functional web applications
- Develop and maintain UI tests to optimize performance
- Debug applications and detect and fix errors
- Work together with Front-end Developers to integrate UI elements with server-side logic
- Implement modern technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collect, analyze and address technical and design requirements
- Help to create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Train and support internal teams
- Interact with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Stay informed about emerging technologies
- 1+ years' experience of working on Back-end Developer position
- Solid experience with programming languages like Java
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) and application lifecycle
- Good practical experience with CMS framework
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Good teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed