Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Devops Engineer
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan-Oyo
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Group Shared Technology
About the DevOps Engineer Position
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will join our Engineering team to Implement and monitor robust, stable and highly available technology platforms (i.e. systems, applications and services) that drive Interswitch business solution.
- You should have significant experience in DevOps Engineering and be able to perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Linux and Windows operating systems and Shell scripting.
- Technical experience working with cloud technologies.
- Build and Deployment Management (Jenkins) in a CI/CD workflow
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible, automating all aspects of system and server management.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- Experience with DNS, Networking and High Availability solutions.
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go.
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyse system performance in production, troubleshoot reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators.
- Working knowledge of databases
- Working understanding of Load balancing technologies
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management)
- Ability to work within a technical team of support engineers through day-to-day operations and critical incidents.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Good first degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related area
- Microsoft Operating Systems & Database Certifications (e.g. MCP)
- Service Management Certifications (e.g. ITIL)
- Project Management Certifications
- Skilled in DB Administration, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Systems Design and Integration, Systems Security
- Extensive experience and skilled in Programming, Research and Analytical Skills
- Great attention to details, Communication, ability to work under pressure and Time management.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed