Altara Credit Limited ("Altara") is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners to purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay a small amount over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
Location: Ibadan-Oyo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-enddevelopersand other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree qualification with 2 years experience.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of Laravel Framework
- Good knowledge of RESTful API
- Strong understanding of the webdevelopmentcycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of Software Design Principles
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications containing the following below to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Your resume (1-page max).
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page).
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of a project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed