Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax & Treasury Manager
Job ID: 48555
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Professional area: Accounting & Finance
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Tax & Treasury Manager
- The Tax and Treasury Manager, Nigeria is responsible for the operation and control of the tax and treasury function of the entity. The incumbent is reporting directly to Regional Treasury Director and actively assisting the Finance Director.
- S / he is to provide proactive business support enabling achievement of business objectives and improvement of financial performance. S/he will ensure sound fiscal strategy and implementation.
- As part of Regional Treasury Center (RTC) and senior member of the Nigeria Finance team, the incumbent will be required to interact on strategic matters and direction making sure alignment is reached with RTD/ WA FM/GM/CFO.
- This role bridges between Group Treasury, Market Finance, Entity, GSC, JTI on one hand, and our Contract Manufacturing (CMA) partner & Local Regulatory authority on the other hand.
Daily Operational Responsibility
- Day to day management of working capital and FX sourcing for the Nigerian Market, i.e. HL entity and CMA transactions.
- Monthly review of all bank reconciliations
- Manage all in-house banking relationships and provide support to CMA partner banking relationship
- Lead cash flow planning from a forecasting, budgeting and medium term planning perspective
- Working across the financial group to understand all matters relating to treasury management, including receivables, payables, FX, business performance, capex etc.
- Optimal investment of excess cash (excess to working capital)
- Working with the settlement team, manage the set-up, overview and operations of all settlement accounts (both domestic and international)
- Working with global supply chain and global logistics to manage the importation of goods and services (Letters of credit etc.)
- Production of data for completion of risk management disclosures in the annual financial statements as it relates to FX risk, credit around receivables etc.
- Managing all bank charges, cost of financial instruments and interest rates in an optimal manner
- Ensure that HL/JTI is fully complaint with all country regulations with regard to the flow of domestic and cross border funds
- Manage/optimize all intra-group funding, loan agreements etc.
- Document and maintain appropriate policies for operating & managing all treasury related activities.
- Prepare and present various monthly, quarterly and annual treasury and cash management reports
- Timely and accurate remittance and filing of all monthly tax returns/payments (PAYE, VAT, WHT and Income Tax etc.)
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet tax accounts
- Ensure timely collection of withholding tax certificates
- Manage transfer pricing across the group
- Prepare and file (working with external tax advisors) annual tax returns
- Manage all tax audits and eventually its resolution
- Continuously review developments/changes in tax policies ensuring that such information is effectively communicated and with appropriate actions taken
- Monthly review of the group’s financial results from a tax perspective and sign off that all tax matters are in order
- Maintain and circulate a monthly log of all open tax issues (with actions and timelines for closure)
- Maintain the group legal entity structure ensuring it is structured in an optimal manner (in conjunction with the group legal department)
- Advisor on dividend payments, banking arrangements, intra-group activities, CSR investment, and other business matters.
- Manage relationship with all relevant external advisors and regulators
- Assist on Indirect Tax matters including completing and updating the Indirect Tax Manual
Qualifications, Experience & Functional Skills
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional qualification in Accounting, Tax and/or Treasury is required.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the same capacity in a multinational environment and in a managerial position. Working experiences in the West Africa market is a plus
- Business knowledge in the FMCG industry
- Effective communication skills in English.
- Hands on experience in tax & treasury planning.
- Knowledge of Central Bank regulations
- Sound knowledge of Taxes (CIT & EDT, VAT, WHT, EXCISE, DUTY etc.).
- Self-starter able to work independently, enthusiastic and willing to develop.
- Time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Good communication and analytical skills
- High degree of probity and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed