Exams Invigilators at the British Council - 11 Openings
CROSS RIVER , CALABAR , DELTA , ENUGU , LAGOS , RIVERS , PORT HARCOURT , KADUNA , KANO , ABUJA , EDO , BENIN , OSHOGBO , OSUN , ONDO , AKURE ,
Education and Training
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Exams Invigilator - Nigeria
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt - Rivers, Kano, Enugu, Calabar - Cross River, Benin - Edo, Akure - Ondo, Warri - Delta, Kaduna, Oshogbo - Osun
About Exams Invigilators Nigeria
- We are looking for suitably qualified candidates to ensure that any test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met.
- The post holder will be part of Nigeria Exams team. The post holder will be part of a wider pool of test day personnel, contracted to support the delivery of a variety of tests on behalf of the British Council across various locations in the country.
- The post holder will be required to work very closely with a team of other test day personnel and test day service providers.
- English language level of B1 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing skills) or equivalent (e.g. Cambridge English PET, IELTS 5)
- Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Customer Service: Experience of responding to children/ young adults and parents' needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality
- Previous invigilator experience
- Awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Application questions must be completed honestly; if questions are not completed with true valid information, you will be disqualified
- Please include your preferred location in your application.
- If you have any technical problems, please email email@example.com.
- Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Nigeria
- The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
- The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
- We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed