Food Security & Livelihood Team Leader at Solidarities International (SI)
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post - emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihood Team Leader
Location: Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is to December 2021 - with possible extension.
- Setting up the activities / control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his / her team and have them approved by his / her Line manager.
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his / her team, tasks assigned by his/her Line manager.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Line manager, as well as Solitaries procedures, are followed.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his / her Line manager.
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Follow up the progress of the activities under his / her supervision and propose adaptation of the ongoing activities.
- Follow up the evolution of the humanitarian context propose new intervention and/or assessment.
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his / her Line manager and the administrative service.
- Train his / her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his / her team.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites.
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site.
Reporting / Communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solitaries office, accessible to his/her line manager.
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report to his/her line manager.
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local stakeholders and communities (populations) in the operational fields.
- Listen to the populations and local stakeholders in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solitaries International teams
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / HND with minimum of 1 year work experience.
- Residents from Zamfara (position not open to de localization)
- Basic knowledge of the local global and humanitarian context
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
- At least one year of experience as Food Security Team leader, or a similar role
- Bachelor in Agriculture/Livelihood development, or similar diploma
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa, ability to read and write. Knowledge in Fulani could be a plus.
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
What We Offer:
- Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance (covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For Gusau applicants, please call Mr. Fahad at (+234) 8039242577 / 8055144205 for applications submission.
- CV and Motivation letter can be received in SI office in Gusau
- Select FSL TL, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed