Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Supportive Supervision / Quality Improvement Specialist
Reports To: Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- Jhpiego, in collaboration with some it’s partners; Palladium, PharmAccess and others is implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services. The project which has already commenced is to operate over a 5-year period.
- The purpose of this Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in the State (s) to strengthen the state, LGA, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government. The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
- The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TORs will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in the states and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission; programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- Provide technical guidance on service and quality improvement that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the State and USAID.
- Provide technical leadership, and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide trainings (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for QI at primary health care facilities.
- Support service/quality improvement efforts, approaches and tools at IHP – public and private primary health care State sites.
- Advocate with State Ministry of Health for adoption of new evidence-based quality improvement (QI) best practices at health facilities in project sites.
- Advocate with other ministries, community, NGO’s, and religious leaders to support and promote service/quality improvement components.
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with MOH Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility and community-based approaches.
- An experienced Midwife/Nurse or any other closely related health care professional; other related courses (e.g. MPH, MSC or other relevant degree) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with senior government officials and policy makers in RMNCH.
- Experience working with partners, organizations, and institutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding quality improvement of RMNCH services.
- Experience with technical competence for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Ability to communicate in the local language and good knowledge of the terrain.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and location as the subject of the mail. Eg. "Integrated Supportive Supervision / Quality Improvement Specialist, Sokoto”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed