Community Relations Manager at a Multinational Construction Company - Machineyard.com.ng
CROSS RIVER , CALABAR ,
Machineyard.com.ng - Our client, a Multinational Construction company based in Calabar, Cross-River State is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job title: Community Relations Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job type: Full-time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or related field or combination of education and experience
- 5 years experience in community & media relations, with background in grassroots organizing and public affairs
- MUST be an indigene of Cross River State.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is non-negotiable
- A proven track record in customer relationship management.
- Ability to work well with volunteers.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle competing demands and maintain good working relations with staff and media. Able to work effectively as a team player
- Working knowledge of environmental issues, environmental policy and the federal electoral and legislative process.
- Strong experience of managing a team.
- Proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyse data and make recommendations.
- Ideal candidate must be an indigene of Cross River State
- The Community Relations Manager will help the company to deliver its work in a way that shows care and respect to the host communities in which the organization operates.
- The role involves working closely with people across the business including project managers and front line teams to make sure our host communities know about upcoming improvement work and how it might affect them
- Managing a small team of community relations advisors,
- Identify potential reputation risks and help devise strategies and plans to mitigate them.
- Devise and develop strategies and activities, on a local basis, which support the delivery of the community relations objectives.
- Responsible for the operational management of high-volume incoming enquiries and complaints, including constituent issues raised by government representatives.
- Within the context of a national, single-process approach, determine and implement the most effective methods, within both the community relations team and the route teams, for handling incoming complaints and enquirers.
- Act as custodian of the public enquirers database.
- Conduct the relevant analysis of data accrued within the team and act on the analysis to improve delivery.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including representing the business at public meetings/forums
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed