Nicole Sinclair - Our client is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Domestic Chef/Cook
- B.Sc or relevant certification in catering and hotel management
- Must Possess good supervisory and organizational skills;
- Understands the importance of beautiful presentation and great taste
- Proven experience as Chef/Cook
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Neat individual
- Detail oriented
- Meticulous and methodological
- Attention to details
- This role requires setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. Successful candidate must be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff and also ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner.
- Performs and coordinates all household cooking;
- Responsible for the preparation of Papa and Mama’s meals;
- Develops ,plans and introduces new menus upon request;
- Oversees the preparation of guest’s food;
- Prepares weekly kitchen shopping list;
- Liaises regularly with store keeper to ensure regular updates on stock list and stock level
- Ensures staff compliance kitchen etiquette
- Receive and store supplies.
- Make sure kitchen is hygienic and functional.
- Plan menus and estimate food requirements.
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures. Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Take responsibility for the use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. Managing kitchen staff to deliver on cooking
- Ensure weekly requests are forwarded to procurement officer for processing.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2019.