4 Positions for Medical Doctors at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Slot: 4 Openings
- Qualified and registered national Medical Doctor from a recognized university with a valid practicing license from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- At least 2 years of progressive work experience with similar role as SC physician.
- Demonstrated understanding of the MOH systems and structure.
- Previous work of CMAM program and with humanitarian organizations is added plus.
- Language skills: Good command in English and in local Dialects: Hausa and Kanuri
- Computer skills: Proficient user of MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Other required skills:
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding and capacity of integration into the local environment
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Understanding of the context of the area
- Honesty and reliable
- Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition PM and the functional supervision of Health PM, the Stabilization Center (SC) Doctors will be responsible for the overall and day to day management of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) at PUI Stabilization Center (SC) in Ngarannam PHC in Bolori II ward.
- S/he will be in charge for the overall support and direct supervision of the SC staffs including SC Nurses and SC Nurse Assistants.
- S/he will closely works with Nutrition PM for the planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of agreed nutrition activities in line with donor agreements and ensures maximum quality for the treatment of SAM complications in accordance to the standardized protocols, policies and guidelines outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and World Health Organization (WHO).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Carry out daily ward rounds in the morning and evening with SC nurses and ensure patients are visited as appropriately. Fill the notes on patient cards after the ward rounds or any other patient examination or procedures
- Supervise the daily clinical management of SC patients and follow the SC protocols for the medical care of the SAM with the medical complications
- Monitor and ensure patients are receiving comprehensive health checks, regular checking of vital signs and frequent medicines and feeding administration according to the protocols
- Undertake emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary
- Liaise with SC Nurses regularly (at least every 3-4 hours) to check on patient progress, or more frequently if the need arises and respond to calls from the ward relating to patient care
- Ensure regular procedure like taking blood samples, providing IV medications and other necessary procedures are done timely with if required him/her carries as necessary
- Ensure timely preparation, provision and monitoring of feeding for the patients admitted in the SC
- Facilitate and perform decisions on admission and referrals to/from the SCs properly
- Ensure that SC beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
- Ensure that all the SC team is familiar with and respect all the PUI Internal rules and regulations
- Plan and maintain work plan, schedules and rotations for the SC team
- Provide capacity building and training to the Nutrition team in collaboration with the Nutrition PM.
- Provide regular mentoring and on-the-job training for the staffs in the SC ward including SC Nurses, SC Nurse Assistant and staffs in the pediatric ward involved in the treatment of SAM with complication patients
- Plan, organize and follow up the weekly and monthly implementation chart, after being endorsed by the Nutrition PM.
- Plan and maintain working schedules/rotations for the SC team
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure proper organization and functioning of the Stabilization Center in compliance with the goals defined in the project proposals
- Ensure that the SC team are following up proper implementation protocols and applying them according to international and national recommendations and guidelines through monitoring and technical assistance
- Monitor day to day activities of the Stabilization Center
- Ensure the collection, compilation and analysis of quality data and product the required reports for the SC activities including weekly and monthly reports.
- Report the progress and any problem in timely manner
Logistical and Administrative Support:
- In coordination with the Nutrition PM, Logistics Department and Base Pharmacist, ensure appropriate supply plan on weekly basis principle, for the stabilization centers
- Ensure the proper storage of SC medical supplies, medicines and nutrition commodities
- Supervise the use of medicines, medical supplies, and nutrition-related commodities and data tools in the SC
Internal and external coordination and representation:
- Network and coordinate with the relevant units with in the primary health care or other tertiary health facilities for issues that need further support for the patients
- When required, s/he represents PUI in coordination meetings and technical working groups for the relevant matters and contribute to the good relations with the project partners
- Build collaborative relations with MoH, WHO and other stakeholders to ensure a successful SC project
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2019.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed