Switch Engineer at MacTay Consulting - Lagos, Imo and Kaduna
IMO , LAGOS , KADUNA ,
MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Switch Engineer
Locations: Lagos, Imo, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
- Switching infrastructure operations and maintenance (Mobile and Fixed)
- Fault Management on Core network elements.
- Conduct Acceptance Tests on core network nodes and other network elements when required.
- Ensure redundancy and node availability.
- Provide on-site support to internal & external customers.
- Develop & review processes and procedures used in Switch Operations.
- Perform route monitoring and maintenance.
- Conduct test calls to confirm QoS and CDR generation.
- Supervise and Manage vendors for Core network node integration & third-party-related projects within the Switch.
- Perform routine maintenance on core network nodes with proper reporting.
- Manage Hardware installations, upgrades, expansion & decommissioning on network elements.
- Ensure availability and transfer of CDR and performance STATS files between core nodes & corresponding file processing servers.
- Review MOP and ensure proper change request implementation when required.
- Manage and update Switch Floor plan Management System to reflect occupied and free spaces in the switch prefab/rooms.
- Conduct routine Switch inspections to ensure proper housekeeping.
- Define external power Alarm(s) & support simulation tests with the ESS team.
- Prepare Dashboard report for Switch activities.
- Spare part management
- Regulate entry to the switch prefab/room in line with the Switch Centre Access
Education / Qualifications
- B.Sc. Electrical / Electronics or Telecommunication or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Telecoms Switching Environment
- Ericsson, Huawei, or ZTE switching experience is desirable.
- Mobile and Fixed Network Switching
- Computer & Information Technology Appreciation
- Network Operations
- Service Monitoring and Control
- Core Purpose of the Job Operation and Maintenance of Network Switching Centre.
- Perform support routines - System and Billing Backups, inspections, reports & record updates, incidents management.
- Fault Handling, Proactive Maintenance, supervision, and on-site intervention
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed