Laundry Attendant at Tpinnae International Limited
Tpinnae Hospitality Concept (THIS) represents a move towards the fusing of the diverse cultures in African Hospitality, the growing Hospitality Business and the vastly untapped and phenomenally rich African Art & Culture. With a decade-long experience in hospitality, we have built a close tie with Hospitality and Tourism based projects in the region along with African Hospitality Concepts.
In partnership with regional stakeholders, we arecommitted to playing a leading role in the development of the Hotel and Tourism businesses within the region. Distinguishable as a “down to earth & realistic” Hospitality Consultancy Group, Tpinnae (THIS) Hospitality thrives on passing on Expert Consultancy, Standard Hotel Procedures Training, On the Floor Supervision and Measurable Deliverables every step of the way.
With the goal to positively impact on Quality Hospitality Services, Tpinnae Hospitality is constantly priming itself to be a leader in the development, launching and operational effectiveness of mid-range properties (50 – 150 rooms).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the complete upkeep and smooth functioning of the laundry department
- The laundry attendant should possess knowledge of all equipment and how it operates
- The position also works closely with housekeeping to ensure proper inventory levels are supplied to the floors in a timely and efficient manner
- If hired a detailed technical skills and service training document will be reviewed and a request will be made of the employee to sign and acknowledge technical and service training standards and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates washing formula for stained loads and all other laundry products processed through the laundry area including food and beverage items
- Sorts dirty linen by product type
- Identifies worn and torn linen and keeps track of rag outs on a discard form
- Participates in monthly linen inventory
- Ensures the washing of linen is up to standard before placing into inventory
- Communicates any maintenance and upkeep issues to appropriate person relating to all laundry equipment
- Coordinates with the Engineering Department any routine maintenance of the equipment or outstanding repairs
- Suggests methods for increasing laundry efficiency
- Organizes linen in such a way that it is sorted by type, loaded on carts and put up neatly on the linen storage racks
- Works in a fast paced environment with time constraints and timing deadlines related to production standards and requirements
- Multitasking with linen in various machines running at the same time with different products
- Ensures that the proper amount of linen is ready and available to disperse to the guest floors. Shortages of linen in the housekeeping storage areas should not exist
- Main duties include folding linen and terry cloth items in a neat pristine fashion
- Sets the wash and dry cycles on the machines based on products being laundered
- Ensures that work is closely coordinated with housekeeping to determine the proper level of products is kept in the laundry storage areas on the guest floors
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Performs other reasonable duties as directed by the leadership team
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts to other shifts
- Maintains a professional appearance in appropriate uniform
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the laundry area and the equipment
- Possesses the ability to work well with other team members
- Attends department meetings as required
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude with an outgoing and friendly personality towards all guests when in guest areas
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
- Education: A secondary school diploma is preferred
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Ability to follow instruction
- Professional attitude is required
- Ability to work independently.
- 3 - 5 years previous laundry or dry cleaning experience desired
- Physical: Requires standing for long periods of time and on occasion may be asked to lift and carry up to 40 pound. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must adhere to Shoshone Rose Casino’s Code of Ethics.
- Work is generally performed in the laundry room, hotel guest areas and public areas in a casino setting with exposure to second hand smoke and high noise levels
- The laundry room is also prone to be warm due to the equipment producing heat
- Evenings, weekends and holidays most likely will be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed