Community Advocacy & Engagement Officer (Bayelsa) at FHI 360
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Community Advocacy & Engagement Officer
Location: Yenagoa, Bayelsa
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer
- The Community Advocacy and Engagement Officer (CAEO) will lead efforts at state-level to strengthen collaboration and networking within KP-led, KP competent organizations, generate demand for service delivery, and build capacity of community-based organizations to ensure that target groups access uninterrupted services free of stigma and discrimination, violence and other KP structural challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead engagement processes including advocacy and lead sensitization and strengthen relationships between KP led organizations, community beneficiaries (FSW, MSM, PWID, Transgender persons and prisoners) and relevant government stakeholders as well as implementing partners to achieve desired objectives.
- Work closely with KP led, KP competent and friendly organizations, gatekeepers in hotspots, and one-stop shops.
- Create a network of support and participation with the state government departments that can provide with critical knowledge, expertise and means to empower their financial productivity and know how.
- Collaborate with different KP community leaders, state governments NGOs and CSOs in the State.
- Ensure implementation and strategies are sensitive to the socio‐cultural context in the different KP communities and in line with GoN policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Social Work Psychology or Community Development with at least 5-7 years work experience, with minimum of 3 years relevant experience in key population intervention with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS including anti-retroviral therapy (ART) and Prevention program for KPs (GBV, HTS, Gender issues, Condom, STIs, etc.) in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH/M.Sc. in relevant area with 3-5 years practical or demonstrable experience in KP led HIV comprehensive services in a large HIV comprehensive services in Nigeria.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program and KP led organization;
- Previous experience in technical capacity building of KP community-based organizations.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KPs especially FSW, MSM, PWID, Transgender persons and prisoners.
- Demonstrated understanding of implementation of combination prevention in KP program and comprehensive HIV services including working in one-stop-shop, HIV testing services, peer navigation services, information communication technology, anti-retroviral treatment, viral load optimization, referral networking and case management program.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed