streSERT Services Limited
₦60,000 - 100,000
Oil and Gas
StreSERT Services Limited - Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas firm, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: Safety Officer
JOB LOCATION: Asaba
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements the departmental budget to ensure that safety objectives are achieved and monitors performance to minimise variances
- Monitors the inspection of trucks inbound LPG truck to ascertain road worthiness as well as escalating any current or potential issues
- Performs periodic safety drills e.g. fire drills to ascertain the workers have a good understanding of the process in case of an emergency
- Guide team in discharging and filling processes to ensure safe and seamless operations
- Ensures that the business is compliant with statutory, regulatory, industry and other HSE requirements
- Identifies potential business hazards and makes recommendations where necessary to the Head, Safety
- Supervises the implementation of designed safety policies and procedures
- Inspects safety tools and equipment e.g. sprinklers, fire extinguishers etc.
- Maintains effective relationships with relevant external agencies and emergency response service providers (e.g. Fire Service, emergency services, HMO, environmental agency etc.)
- Makes sure that personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets, is being used in workplaces according to regulations
- Coordinates the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in facilities
- Coordinate emergency procedures, Depot rescues, firefighting and first aid crews
- BSc/HND in safety management or similar field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Observation skills (attention to detail)
- Sense of responsibility.
- Physical ability to do the work.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety will be an advantage.
Salary & How to apply:
- Salary: N70, 000 Monthly.
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “LPG-SAFETY” as the subject of the application.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed