Senior Farm Operations Operator at Tomato Jos Farming & Processing
Tomato Jos is private equity-backed, a fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Farm Operations Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Possess experience in operating a variety of heavy equipment for land clearing and expansions such as bull dozer, excavators, backhoes and tractors fitted with GPS devices.
- Coordinate a daily scheduled operation of all the equipment’s in the unit, inspect, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Operate a tractor to disc harrow a field, pull beds, make drainages, spread manure, level fields, roads and pull a variety of farm implements.
- Perform routine inspections, documentation and maintenance on equipment’s; reports defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Conduct formal on-the spot training on equipment operation, maintenance and safety procedures
- Train both new and old staff on equipment operations and safety procedures
- Accurately document daily work activities and diesel consumption for all equipment’s in the unit
- Track and keep accurate record of all equipment request by other department or organizations from the unit
- Perform standby duty, during non-duty hours, as assigned
- Transport heavy equipment’s to various sites or locations.
- Candidates should possess an OND / Bachelor's Degree / HND qualification with 2 - 6 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed