Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Consultant, Program Management - Advisors
Reference ID: R-128621
Employment Type: Full-time
All About The Role
- Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors Strategic Program Management.
- Advisors Strategic Program Management is an execution-oriented client facing competency that applies proven, accredited change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
- Delivering new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
- Successfully implementing complex technology assets and delivering the most challenging transformation programs to create the new business as usual
- Strengthening client’s internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
- Transforming client processes and optimizing their management practices
- As a Managing Consultant you will manage a portfolio of projects that support a strategy, a strategic change or initiative with significant impact on the organization.
- You will manage complexity and inherent risks across a wide range of business areas, where there are strong interdependencies and shared resources, and you will manage benefits from their initial identification and definition through to the eventual realization and achievement of measurable improvements.
All About You
- Experience in delivery of large enterprise level programs across the financial services sector from initiation to benefit realization
- Successful leadership of PMOs across different clients / businesses, identifying and mitigating risks, solving issues, developing plans and ensuring they are implemented in line with agreed timescales, budgets and quality criteria, including examples of re-aligning scope and objectives during a program to ensure maximum value extraction
- Formal accreditation in one or more recognized PM/PMO/ Change/Service management methodologies is expected at this level
- Develop strong bonds with clients that endure beyond a particular assignment, serves as a go-to resource for client staff, is sought out for knowledge of industry and firm
- Identify new business opportunities and communicates to executives to pursue, begin to lead sales calls and new client development including proposal contribution
- Analyze multiple aspects of client’s organizational systems and culture that serve as input into the stakeholder / relationship map sales process
- Effectively leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized solutions for client
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to direct workstreams across large multi-faceted project teams
- Strong writer, presenter and speaker, comfortable and ability to influence at all levels in an organization
- Able to use own initiative, develop solutions or adapt approaches to support the delivery of defined objectives and benefits
- Demonstrate authentic leadership and integrity, gravitas and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed environment, mentoring staff, evaluating performance and providing feedback
All About Your Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Professional accreditation such as Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable
- Fluent local office language and English required, other languages desirable
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
- Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed