VACANCY: HEAD, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING (Job Ref: H-PD&PL)
streSERT Services Limited
Our Client is a Group of companies into construction and facilities management
Location: Lagos State
This role saddled with the responsibility of planning present and future projects of thecompany, as well as ensuring that expenditure does not overshoot revenue expected from any project. It alsoinvolves reviewing the cost baselines (benchmarks) on an ongoing basis by ensuring that the Contractoroperates in compliance with project processes & systems as well as setting up the controls requirements in the contract & verifying the contractor’s invoices.
Responsibilities: Key Functions
- Development, implementation, and keeping up to date of the Project Controls Plan
- Coordinating all information required for reporting cost matters, such as capital investment,
- pre-operational costs, fees, expenditure phasing, currencies, etc.
- Development of project budget for Execute Phase.
- Review the cost baselines(benchmarks)on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring that VOWD and commitments are within budgets with the support of Finance.
- Forecasting the Estimate at Completion (EAC) at monthly intervals during the project.
- Setting up, managing, and reporting the owner's costs for the defined phase.
- Manage and report on Define phase contingency, and re-assess as required.
- Ensuring that the Contract or operates in compliance with project processes & systems.
- Setting up the controls requirements in the contract & verifying Contractor’s invoices
- Participating in reviewing scope changes, extra work authorizations, change orders and the
- like; carrying out estimates in this context if and when required.
- Function as the focal point for Change Management.
- Initiating, coordinating, and administrating audits of Contractor’s financial, commercial and
- Scheduling performance, as and when required.
- Coordinating all manpower planning activities of the project team and for the Contractor.
- Being the focal point for the preparation and issuing of the monthly progress report with
- Contract or information.
- Analyse schedule performance and flag early warnings.
- Chair progress review and change control meetings
- Analyzing and providing feedback on project cost and schedule.
Planning Engineer (Contractor Interface):
- Review of planning & scheduling procedures, etc
- Preparation of the baseline schedule and review of contractor’s schedule, including Risk Analysis.
- Adhoc review of Schedule updates.
Contracts and Procurement:
- For related contracts, subcontracts, and POs of projects at Lekki Pearl, Ikoyi, V/Island and other projects
- Supporttheevaluationofchanges andtrends.
- Directly accountable for the support and performance of the various roles/units listed above as
- Direct reports.
- Schedule regularly with the team as may be required to track performance.
- Ensures that the department’s Balance Scorecard is regularly updated, tracked, and reported for
- Optimal performance.
SKILL SET AND PROFILE:
- Background/experience in construction and real estates
- Ability to use Microsoft Project
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strategic Focus/Orientation
- Integrity and Discretion
- Analytical skills/Problem solving
- Excellent Computer skills
- Interpersonal skill that enables you to work with people at all levels, motivate others, and change
- People attitude when necessary
- Initiative and ability to offer new ideas.
- Ability to maintain records and file
- Team building/conflict management
- Organization & coordination
N700, 000 and above monthly