Inspection Officer at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)
Oil and Gas
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Officer
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Ensure quality in the delivery of Goods and documents indicated in the Purchase Order and ensure the suitability of Goods, thus preventing extra costs, delays or other disruptions in the execution of projects, by promoting/suggesting any corrective actions that may be necessary during the production and/or assembly of the Goods.
- Check the compliance of the supplies with contractual terms and technical and qualitative requirements defined during the design phase, through the inspection/tests and documents reviews.
- Review Purchase Order and all the contractual documentation in order to detect discrepancies and prevent any misunderstanding that could potentially cause delays
- Ensure a supply chain management approach in order to timely identify and manage any potential cause of delay, and mitigate delays already detected
- Ensure specialist support to engineering department to vendor quality control documents review (ITP, NDT procedures, FAT procedures, etc.)
- Perform or supervise inspections and tests in compliance with Inspection and Test Plan (e.g., Electrical equipment and cable testing; Instrumentation equipment and bulk materials testing; Static equipment fabrication and materials testing; welding process)
- Ensure timely issuance of Inspection Reports
- Issue Non-Conformity Reports and Punch Lists in case of not satisfactory inspection
- Ensure the vendor Manufactured Data Book review and approval
- Issue vendor performance feedback as per Saipem Vendor Management process.
- A Bachelor's Degree Engineering / Science or any other relevant field
- Minimum of about 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the energy industry
- Ability to meet pressing deadlines with attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Superior organizational and documentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed