Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Material Manager
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Ensure that project Post Order Management activities are executed to guarantee that purchased goods are available at final destination as per planning.
- Ensure timely integrated strategies, planning, execution, control for expediting, quality control during manufacturing stages, shipping and customs activities of purchased goods respecting budget, costs of project Post Order operations.
- Management activities with respect to the man-hours budget defined for the project
- Define, in conjunction with PM and relevant Functional Manager, the strategy for expediting, inspection and shipping activities for the project
- Report periodically to the PM and relevant Functional Manager the progress of Post Order Management activities and any potential and/or actual criticality
- Support PM in relations with Client and/or Partners regarding Post Order Management issues
- Coordinate Post Order project team ensuring its adequacy and efficiency
- Contribute to the definition of the Project Purchase Request / Purchase Order, in coordination with competent Project Positions
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of expected milestones achievements related to POs and provide relevant reporting
- Ensure the execution of expediting activities on purchased goods, reporting any deviation with respect to the contractual delivery time
- Ensure the execution of quality control activities on purchased goods, in order to grant alignment with contractual requirements
- Ensure the correct Project inspection notification work flow with Client and/or Third Parties in accordance with contractual requirements
- Contribute to the definition of the Project transportation strategy
- Ensure the execution of the activities of planning, design and management of transportations and relevant aspects of customs clearance including, relevant documentation
- Ensure the prompt handling of any project variation impacting Post Order Management activities, (i.e. material quantities, inspection level etc.)
- Ensure the effective and methodical use of Systems, Applications and Tools adopted by Company and/or project (i.e. SAP, Data warehouse) for managing Post Order Management activities
- A Bachelor's Degree in Science / Engineering / Logistics and Supply Chain Management or other relevant/ closely related field
- Minimum of about 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry
- Proficient in MS Office and budgeting
- Familiar with supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Efficient problem solving and decision-making skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed