Top Job: Chief Security Officer (CSO) at the Federal University of Technology, Minna
₦150,000 - 300,000
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a foremost citadel of learning in Nigeria and a specialized University committed to the training of skilled and innovative workforce that would transform Nigeria’s natural resources into goods and services driven by entrepreneurship and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to pàsitively affect the economy and thus the quality of life of her people.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CSO)
Location: Minna, Niger
- The security of lives and property of the members of the University community is of utmost importance in the attainment of the mission, vision and goals of the University. Hence, the CSO plays a key role in the overall achievement stated above.
- Interested applicants for this position must be those with clear vision and professional ability backed by proven track records and distinction either in government or private organizations. In addition, they must have a clear knowledge of the structure and terrain of the University and host community.
- The applicants must be confident and proactive. They should have exemplary leadership quality capable of endearing the trust of the University administration and be able to interact with all the students, employees, other security agencies as well as the general public.
- The CSO reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor and must be able to provide the University administration with regular security briefs, information and advice for appropriate use.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must hold a degree from a recognized University in relevant discipline such as Sociology, Psychology, Criminology with not less than fifteen (15) years cognate experience in security related jobs, five (5) of which must have been in tertiary institution campus security.
- The candidate must not be below the rank of Superintendent of Police or its equivalent in the Nigeria Armed Forces, State Security Services and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies and basic skills in ICT will be added advantages.
Salary an Condition of Service
The Officer shall be placed on CONTISS 13 (N2,723,069.00 - N3,632,404.00) with the same Conditions of Service of senior Staff as obtained in Federal University of Technology; Minna.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a detailed Application (15 copies each) to include CV, photocopies of all Certificates and other relevant Credentials, the CV should contain the following information:
- Full names (surname in capitals)
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Previous Employers and posts held with dates
- Present employment, post and salary (evidence of last salary-payslip to be attached)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Three (3) referees reports to be submitted direct to the Registrar, one of which must be from the last place of employment.
All applications and supporting documents should be addressed and sent to:
Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed