Driver - IHP Nigeria - Ebonyi at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver - IHP Nigeria
Job ID: req11419
Location: Ebonyi, Nigeria
Level of effort: Full-time
Reporting to: Operations Officer / Logistics Assistant
Duration: 3 years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The Driver is a full-time position to support the Nigeria Integrated Health Program staff in the safe transport of team members and deliveries. Under immediate supervision of the Operations Officer/Logistics Assistant
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive vehicles as directed, including transporting staff to the field, performing pickups and delivery tasks; responsible for routine vehicle maintenance, including inspecting the vehicle; noting damage, scratches, malfunctions, or problems and reporting any faults to senior driver; and ensuring vehicles are clean, well maintained, and road worthy at all times
- Compile trip reports for drivers and weekly log sheets and enter into the fuel consumption report; process monthly fuel requests and consolidate fuel liquidations for office vehicles
- Ensures the drive safety of self and passengers through proper travel behavior such as use of seat belt and other safe driving security protocols.
- Report any accident involved while driving project vehicle to the police and appropriate authorities; ensure vehicle has all the required forms before starting a trip.
- Act as administrative assistant, when not driving.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
The Driver should:
- Have a Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and where less, at least ten (10) years of driving experience;
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Have an understanding of the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on Ebonyi and South eastern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Familiar with the culture of the area.
- Familiar with the local terrain and routes and respond appropriately, in case of emergency.
- Knowledge of and fluency in Igbo language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed