Tax Accountant at the Place (Smackers Limited)
LAGOS , LEKKI ,
The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Compute all taxes applicable e.g.: VAT, CONSUMPTION, PAYEE, WITHHOLDING, CAPITAL GAIN.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll management and posting necessary entries.
- Knowledge of tax administration in all state of Nigeria.
- Liaise with tax consultant to get tax clearance within stipulated timeframe.
- Manage and monitor variance of financial obligations due to statutory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with statutory monthly and annual filings due date.
- Manage our pension administration.
- Implement strategies to reduce tax liabilities.
- Research and interpret tax law.
- Follow up with development in accordance with finance act & FIRS.
- Manage our tax file accordingly.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have B.Sc / HND in Accounting
- Have at least 2 years cognate experience in a similar role and with relevant professional certification (ACA, ACCA).
- Have excel data analytics skills, should be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Be Attentive with a keen eyes for details
- Have the wherewithal to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- Must be computer literate. With commendable use of Standard Office Applications, Microsoft Operating System, and Accounting Applications such as NAV, SAGE:-Peachtree, Quick book, Daceasy etc.
- Ability to work on Lagos Island
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed