Protection Outreach Worker at Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF)
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a non-governmental organization founded in 2003 and became operational in the same year. JDF’s uniqueness lies in her interventions including advocacy and services to single women and their children, orphans and vulnerable children with special considerations for those orphaned by HIV. JDF is in Makurdi, Benue State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Outreach Worker
Location: Mafa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Jireh Doo Foundations humanitarian intervention in the North East of Nigeria spans largely across two state, Borno and Gombe states and has been working actively in the sectors of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security and livelihood protection and Gender Based Violence (GBV).
- Jireh Doo Foundation is seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two years of experience working on GBV issues for the implementation of the Nigerian Joint response project in Mafa LGA area of Borno state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The protection outreach worker will be responsible to coordinated community mobilization for all activities to ensure participation and ownership.
- Liaise directly with other service providers working within the LGA and communities where the project is implemented and facilitate referrals to other service providers (health including Mental health, Shelter, NFIs and /or legal providers, etc.) and update referral pathway
- Facilitate the setting up of information desk at the women and girl’s safe space
- Contribute within the women and girls center to the identification of at-risk girls, boys and women and ensure proper documentation
- Ensure Do No Harm analysis are carried out and the humanitarian principles are adhered to.
- Working as part of a team to design and deliver a range of innovative community outreach and engagement activities/sensitization
- Developing and sustaining positive relationships with a range of people, including residents, community leaders, local groups and organizations, and local authorities;
- Working as part of a team to support and sustain community-led action around issues related to health and wellbeing, as identified by the Protection officer.
Qualification and Experience
- A University degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Guidance and Counselling or relevant fields.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and protection programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Professional training in Gender based violence.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with humanitarian principles and guidelines
- Experience of working with Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills.
- Good self-organization and basic management skills.
- Knowledge of the local languages Kanuri and Hausa.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Female candidates are preferred.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation and UN-funded projects desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills, including the ability to type quickly and to use Microsoft Office products, email, and internet.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgement to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and an understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written & spoken).
- Knowledge of health programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
- We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on PSEA, and Job qualification / suitability.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed