Accounting Associate at PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Location: Maroko, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure completion of all month-end and year-end close process
- Action PowerGen compliance of Filing for Taxes and other Statutory and Governmental Agencies.
- Ensure that the Cash on Hand accounts are accurate and reconciled to with ERP
- Update the Fixed Asset Register and tag assets as purchased. Ensure all Capital Purchases are processed in line with the PowerGen Finance SOP
- Ensure transactions are processed in compliance with IFRS principles
- Enforce PowerGen NGA Internal controls particularly around Cash Management, Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Ensure proper record, documentation and Filing (Physical and Virtual) of all financial records.
- Tax and regulatory compliance: Adherence to tax due dates, submission of accurate workings/information, obtain tax clearance certificate
- Employee Advances: Maintain a tracker with an explanation for all open balances by employee and send emails to employees for them to acknowledge the balances
- Quality document management (scan all invoices, receipts, tax filings and supporting documents in GDrive)
- Ensure the Nigeria entities achieve a score of >90% on the Finance control scorecards reviewed by the Finance SBU
- Support the achievement of Nigeria Audit completion and sign off by agreed due dates
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with all levels of leadership.
- Accomplish special projects and other assignments/duties as required by management.
- Compliant with all safety rules and regulations and all PowerGen Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, housekeeping and productivity.
- Other related tasks and projects as requested.
You Already Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other related field.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an accounting role, office administration experience is an added advantage.
- An qualified member of ICAN or ACCA or Active Student
- Experience in inventory accounting and control
- Ability to recommend improved accounting methods, procedures and internal controls
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations that affect the PowerGen Nigeria activities
- Ability to interact effectively under pressure and meet deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted during carrying out your duties.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed