Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
Req ID: sfh-27356
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (30 months)
- The role will be responsible for supervising and managing the provision of Pharmaceutical services in the One Stop Shops (OSS).
- S/he will also oversee the development and coordination of commodity procurement and supply chain key performance indicators and systems.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordination of Pharmacists in the OSS to ensure provision of Pharmaceutical care for HIV prevention, care and treatment among Key Population to ensure the continuum of care as it relates to UNAIDS 95:95:95 and monitoring of Pharmacovigilance activities.
- Coordinate and oversee the entire Procurement and Supply chain activities for the grant from product selection, quantification, procurement of essential health commodities, warehousing, last mile delivery and reconciliation across the supply chain to avoid any stock outs and provide timely reports to the Principal Recipient, Project Management team and other National Partners.
- Provide technical support in the areas of inventory management, LMIS, product selection, quantification, procurement of health and non-health commodities, warehousing, last mile delivery and reconciliation across the supply chain and ensure adequate reporting to the project management team.
- Serve as the pharmacovigilance officer of the grant responsible for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness and any adverse effects or side effects experienced by patients on ARVs and other medications.
- Ensure adequate documentation of patient per regimen report of the grant.
- Actively liaise with primary recipient’s PSM specialist represent SFH in the National HIV/AIDs Procurement and Supply Chain related meetings while engaging with NPSCMP, relevant National PSM TWGs/Committee and responsible for liaising with Stakeholders like NASCP, NACA, NAFDAC, PRs, and other National programs to achieve set National and donor Supply Chain Management targets.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a University Degree in Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Services / Doctor of Pharmacy) with Master's in Public Health or Logistics Management from recognised institutions.
- Minimum of 6 years post NYSC professional experience.
- Should also possess at least 4 years’ experience in Supply chain management in a donor funded program with focus on HIV/AIDS Programme.
- Knowledge of Global Fund operations and Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of Programme management including conceptualization, budget design, implementation, and evaluation with experience in KP programming as an added advantage.
- Having interpretive (quantitative and qualitative) understanding of Behavioural Change Communication particularly as it relates to HIV and public health in general.
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS Product, Commodity management including supply chain management and quality issues.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the ART regime and current global/national guidelines for dispensing ARV.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Project Management
- Understanding of product / commodity Supply chain Management
- Knowledge of good procurement practices
- Knowledge of the national HIV prevention and treatment guideline
- Knowledge of HIV pharmacovigilance
- Planning and organizational skills
- Relationship with co-workers and team spirit
- Problem solving and analytical ability.
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership / mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed