Head of Tax and Transfer Pricing at Flutterwave
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Tax and Transfer Pricing
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Head of Tax and Transfer Pricing Role
- Flutterwave is a fast-growing payment solutions company, with a footprint across Africa, U.S., and Europe. Our payments infrastructure allows for ease of payment across Africa and beyond, and also connects Africa to the global economy. In order to meet up with the demands of a rapidly expanding finance department, we seek to hire a Head of Tax and Transfer Pricing for our Group operations (HT&TT).
- The HT&TT will report to the Global Head of Finance and will be responsible for all tax compliance obligations in the Group. The successful candidate will have to interact and supervise the activities of our resident tax advisors in each country we operate from.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to opine on the tax and transfer pricing implications of business arrangements being considered by the Group.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Take full ownership of our tax compliance obligations across the Group, including monthly and annual tax filings (all taxes), transfer pricing filings, tax computations, capital allowance computations, adjustments to accounting profits for tax purposes, etc.
- The main point of contact for all tax advisers in each country we operate from.
- Develop good relationships with tax authorities in each country.
- Attend to tax audit queries, tax audit exercises, transfer pricing audits, and other routine checks from regulators in relation to tax matters.
- Review contracts with merchants with a view to advising management tax and transfer pricing implications of these contracts.
- Review existing transfer pricing policy and advise management on recent changes in regulations that could impact the policy.
- Review internal agreements within Group entities to ensure compliance with all tax laws and transfer pricing regulations.
- Work closely with other functional groups (such as Operations, Legal, Treasury, Accounting, and others) to keep abreast of new business activities and address resulting opportunities, risks and tax consequences.
- Work with the Head of Finance for Africa and Head of Accounting in relation to external audit engagements for each operating entity.
- Training, retaining, and mentoring tax officers within the Group.
- Attending to any other ad-hoc tax-related request.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Expertise
- CPA/ACCA/ACA certification
- CITN certification
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience, with at least 5 years post ACCA/ACA qualification experience. Experience in the financial services industry a plus
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. and Nigerian tax laws and transfer pricing regulations
- Appreciable knowledge of tax laws and transfer pricing regulations in U.S. and across Africa
- Appreciable experience in tax advisory project/engagements
- Excellent understanding of revenue and cost of service recognition for a payment processing enterprise.
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Appreciable knowledge of GAAP
- An organized self-manager, with the ability to lead a team
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS office tools
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Login And Apply