Head of Transport at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Transport
Employment Type: Full-time
- A fast growing indigenous logistics Company is looking to recruit an experienced Head of Transport for its operations. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Manage the day-to-day transportation operations of the company; supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives
- Responsible for direction of the transport department, including operations, maintenance, safety/compliance, equipment, and personnel
- Responsible for purchasing new trucks, trailers and other necessary equipment and systems
- Optimise and eeduce operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization
- Determine staffing levels, job descriptions and assist in the recruitment of drivers and support staff
- Participate in the strategic direction of the transport department.
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops
- Ensure truck availability
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by company transport.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance
- Implement good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Engineering, Transportation or any relevant discipline for the role
- Minimum of 10 years experience in supply chain, transportation, or logistics
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior role within a logistics & transportation company
- Knowledge: industry trends, supply chain processes, best practices, and compliance requirements
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- Communication and Commercial skills.
- Cost Management
- Process Control
- Supply Chain Management
- Problem Solving
- Team Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only those selected will be contacted.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed