ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Field Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: E1-3 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible
- In light of the displacement in the northeastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Monguno to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Field Assistant to support its mission in Borno State.
- Assist during all the process of Cash Based Transfer (CBT) redemptions
- Monitor the activity of vendors during redemptions and supervise shop monitors
- Assist in mobilizing the communities for the realization of all project / program activities
- Disseminating and sharing information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP community and affected host population and facilitate awareness raising activities with other partner organizations, disseminating information about services available for IDPs and affected host communities
- At Field level keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on a timely basis
- Liaise, establish a good working relationship with all humanitarian actors, community leaders and IDPs in the IDP settlements and host communities to encourage participation in, support for and a better understanding of the program activities
- Assist in preparing and conducting Post Distribution Meetings in the intervention areas
- Assist in individually and collectively identify the strengths and weaknesses of Project management Committees (PMCs) committees and propose appropriate solutions.
- Prepare daily distribution reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans & reports to Food Security Officer
- Provide the Food Security project manager relevant documents, and channel issues related to project implementation appropriately
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant internal reporting lines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma of Public health or University Degree in Social Sciences
- One-year Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population is a very strong asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, duty bearers and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work in a variety of environments and in remote locations without communication or amenities
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software
- Languages: Fluent in English and have a sound knowledge of the local languages spoken in Monguno.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and telephone no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed