Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Testing and Inspector
Locations: Nassarawa, Gombe, Platueau
Employment Type: Part-time
Duration: The Consultant is expected to provide 7 months inputs over three years’ period.
Reports to: Reports to the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Manager to set up a quality testing and inspection protocol.
- Coordinate with Consortium partners and Client representatives to prepare Quality Testing and Inspection Plans over the project period of 3 years
- Arrange and take samples for quality testing as per the agreed testing plan.
- Carry out physical inspections prior to delivery and distribution to local communities.
- Ensure that timely quality testing and inspection are completed in accordance with the approved plans.
- Issue Inspection certificates for health commodities that passed the relevant inspection.
- Prepare quality test and inspection reports.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Manager on issues relating to warehousing, storage, quality testing and inspection of commodities procured for the Project.
- Undertake any tasks that relates to quality testing and inspection.
- A Nigerian national;
- Has a basic training or qualification in commodities quality testing and inspection;
- Has at least an associate degree in science or any related field, or equivalent combined education and years of experience;
- Has at least 3 years’ experience in commodities testing and inspection particularly in health sector or projects;
- Knowledge of procurement and logistics of health commodities in projects/programme funded by bilateral and multilateral donors is an advantage, but not required;
- Demonstrated teamwork;
- Has good oral and written communications skills in English; and
- Is fluent in relevant local Nigerian language and/or dialect.
- Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed