The Governing Council of Gombe State University, Gombe hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Candidate for this post shall fulfill the following:
- Possess a good honours degree with a minimum of Second Class, Master's and PhD in Library Science from a recognized University.
- Demonstrate academic excellence in quality publications, teaching and research as well as credible community service and sound administrative leadership record with ability to manage and carry along colleagues.
- He/She must have spent a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) of which must be in the University System.
- The candidate must also have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian.
- He/She must be a registered member of the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- He/She must possess a considerable literacy in Computer application in particular relevant to new technologies in Library Operations and Services.
- Candidate must not be more than sixty (60) years at the point of assumption of duty.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration of the University Library and Coordination of the Library Sources in the University.
- Candidate for the post shall be of high integrity and capable of handling all staff of the Library.
- He must also be receptive to new ideas and technology in the development of the Library and be willing to translate them in line with the phase of E-Library development plans of the University.
Condition of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the University Librarian are as applicable in Nigerian Universities and also as determined by Council and Government from time to time.
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications noting and complying with the following conditions:
- Each Application Letter (20 copies) should be accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate's detailed “Curriculum Vitae” (CV) signed and dated by the candidate. The CV must contain, among others, the candidate's name in full, age, marital status, nationality, current address including e-mail and phone numbers, educational qualification with dates, recognition, professional achievement.
- Each application should be accompanied by a certificate of birth or statutory declaration of age, and certificate of medical fitness based on documented comprehensive, medical examination from a government hospital
- Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the candidate to forward their referee’s report directly to "The Registrar" under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate's claim to high academic standard, managerial capability and moral uprightness.
- All shortlisted candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction with the Selection Board.
All Applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner "Application For the Post of University Librarian, Gombe State University, Gombe" to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Gombe State University,
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed