Accounting Officer - Supermarket at Edgewood Consulting Limited
Edgewood Consulting is a Professional Management Consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm. Our firm provides a wide array of management consultancy services classified into two disciplines Recruitment/HR services, and Training & Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer - Supermarket
Location: Arepo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitoring and keeping records of petty cash.
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system.
- Proper recording of daily transactions into the accounting software program.
- Weekly and Monthly reconciliation of cash & bank accounts.
- Filling supporting documents at the appropriate time.
- Maintain an up-to-date cheque register.
- Collating requisitions and getting proper approvals before disbursement.
- Handling of statutory payment remittances.
- Timely payment of bills, ensuring suppliers & vendors are paid at the appropriate time.
- Timely receipting for payments into the company account.
- Support the organization’s effort in the collation and collection of outstanding payments.
- Monitor all of the organization’s accounts and report outstanding balances on a regular basis.
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities.
- Assist with the organization’s procurement process.
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations especially those stated in the organization’s financial and operations manual.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
- Maintain a high degree of safety and confidentiality of the organization’s documents and property in their possession.
- Practices a high level of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Minimum of 3 years on the job accounting experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree / HND in Accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be versatile in the use of IT systems/office application.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages).
- Must have previous experience in middle finance/accounting role in a corporate environment.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Must have knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
- Must have knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Must have the ability to collate and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Account Officer - Supermarket (Arepo)" as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed