Cost Accountant at a Large Conglomerate Company - UnoCasa Limited
AKWA IBOM ,
UnoCasa Limited - Our client, a large conglomerate is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, a large conglomerate located in Eket, Akwa-Ibom, is looking to hire an experienced professional to occupy the Cost Accountant position. The cost Accountant will assist towards the development of a structured cost management reporting system to ensure accurate costing information is readily available to Managers.
- The knowledge gained from conducting analysis on costs and prices from suppliers will make the Cost Accountant a key contributor in the development of the Purchasing Department
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage financial and administration teams to achieve company financial goals.
- Develop the overall corporate financial goals and objectives.
- Oversee preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, budget, expense, etc.
- Assist in account receivable and payable activities.
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals and deposits.
- Follow standard accounting process for financial analysis and reporting activities.
- Evaluate existing accounting system and recommend improvements if required.
- Assist in developing and managing budgeting system.
- Perform account reconciliations and generate financial reports.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related problems.
- Manage all client accounts for payment settlements.
- Initiate orientation and training programs for employees.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial and administration tasks.
- Monitor and manage expenses within allotted budgets.
- Interview, hire and train new employees in financial and administration activities.
- Assist in resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s in Finance / Accounting, or related degree. Masters is an added advantage.
- Ideal Candidate should be professionally Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACMA) or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience and strong IFRS knowledge
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong sense of judgment.
- Good time management.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed