Talent Acquisition Consultant at Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Consultant
Job Type: 6 months contract
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- The Talent Acquisition Consultant will be responsible for end-to-end recruitment efforts to meet the growing needs of Mastercard Foundation across the organization for Programs, Impact, Operations, People and Culture and Public Affairs and Communication across Africa. The individual will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment activities from sourcing to selection and will collaborate with hiring managers and HR partners to understand best fit talent for the organization.
- The individual will require a level of intellectual curiosity to understand some senior, complex and sophisticated roles within the organization. You will enjoy working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with a strong collaborative culture. Your strong sense of urgency, highly diplomatic interpersonal skills, knowledge of full-cycle recruitment, and experience identifying talent will make you successful in this role.
- The successful candidate will be based in one of our country offices in Africa ( Nigeria, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda or South Africa ).
Ways You Can Contribute
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process for several operational and programmatic areas of the Foundation
- Partner with hiring managers to gain a deep understanding of needs that support and progress the Young Africa Works.
- Play a key role in partnering across the business to advise and execute on best practices for acquiring talent. This includes screening and behavioural interviewing, negotiations and compensation, and closing strategies to ensure timely recruitment milestones are met.
- Provide excellent communication with hiring managers, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Set expectations appropriately on all elements of the process with both candidates and hiring managers; exercise the ability to influence and stress urgency when necessary to ensure success.
- Identify best channels for external advertising of job opportunities, including professional associations, other niche job boards, social media outlets, and recruitment events.
- Maintain communication with applicants and hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Develop and create reporting based on key metrics to measure against hiring goals and milestones.
- Ensure compliance of hiring practices with legislation in multiple African countries.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma and/or a postgraduate certificate in Business or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in full cycle recruitment in Africa; Agency and corporate experience is preferred.
- Proven success in direct sourcing talent and talent mapping for niche roles in domestic and foreign markets.
- Experience in full cycle recruitment at all levels from junior roles to executive C-Suite positions in an international context.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations surrounding recruitment and selection practices in multiple African countries.
- Exemplary hiring manager and candidate management skills which includes strong influencing and negotiating abilities.
- Strong consultative service orientation.
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to schedule tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language skills are an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed