Plant HR Manager at a Major Manufacturing Firm - Associates Consulting Limited
LAGOS , LAGOS MAINLAND ,
Associates Consulting Limited - Our client, a major Manufacturing firm that is into the production of raw materials and inputs in the food and beverage industry in Nigeria, is recruiting a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant HR Manager
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Reports to: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Plant HR Manager will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the organization.
- The position involves formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The Plant HR Manager will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the organisation’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Implement leadership development modules for the organisation to ensure capable leaders are available.
- Champion training and induction for new HR operations team members and role changes, identify training needs, develop training plans, and coordinate training and induction activities.
- Ensure that all team members understand their roles and responsibilities and are performance managed accordingly.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation in accordance with Labour Laws.
- Lead HR Operations services: on-boarding, off boarding, employee and HR life cycle, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all services such as headcount analysis and dashboard.
- Ensure all employee benefits are administered efficiently and in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Coordinate with functional partners (HR of sister companies and stakeholders) and third party suppliers to deliver on local benefits and other HR projects.
- In partnership with the Payroll Manager, ensure that payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain document management/retention standards and practices, inclusive of personnel files as per organization's policies and country legislation.
- Ensure a continuous improvement service culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement and driving change with a view to responding to business requirements and supporting business growth. Work closely with cross-functional teams to implement effective solutions.
- Monitor operational performance metrics, identify and act on any trends or problems to maintain and improve performance levels for assigned process.
- Aligning staff to business objectives.
- Resolving complex employee engagement matters.
- Initiates and implement approved activities to drive employee satisfaction.
- Implement talent management strategies, systems, processes and programs to ensure the organisation has the capabilities needed to execute against its businesses and growth strategies.
- Design and deploy overall talent and pipeline build strategy that is linked to the organisation business strategy and HR strategy.
- Drive talent identification and review process for the organisation to provide a structure for ongoing management of key talent, embedding a “talent lifecycle” culture into the organisation and ensure proper development of talents for high level retention.
- Facilitate and lead succession planning process, including calibrations, and the identification of capability strengths and gaps required to deliver on the organisation’s business strategy.
- Serve as a strategic advisor, functional expert and coach to management and executive team regarding key talent acquisition strategies and issues.
- Interface directly with HODs for robust talent planning requirements and operational reviews.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the organisation’s human capital needs; provide leadership and guidance around talent acquisition.
- Coordinate Performance Management process, monitor PM cycle in line with communicated timelines, and collate PM ratings for actions.
- Must be a B.Sc or HND Holder (M.Sc or MBA will be an added advantage)
- Professional qualification, such as CIPM, SHRM or CIPD, is essential.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Has strong Communications Skills.
- Excellent People Management Skills.
- Good Interpersonal and Social Skills.
- Very good knowledge of HR Policies.
- Should also have HR Generalist Experience.
- A result orientated person.
- Ready to always take ownership on the job.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with "Plant HR Manager" as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed