Senior Backend Engineer (Remote) at an American FinTech Company - Black Pen Recruitment
IT and Telecoms
Black Pen Recruitment - Our client, an American FinTech company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Are you an experienced Lead Backend Engineer with insight into the world of Fintech? Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space.
- Our client, an American-based company is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large.
- The mission is to make bitcoin / blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. This dynamic company is looking to hire a Lead Backend Engineer to join their team.
- Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all. Whilst driving business through technology.
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assistance in helping knock down walls and a clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team's documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross-functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritise work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform.
- +7 years of work experience as a Lead Backend Engineer
- Strong experience working in AWS or other similar cloud architecture (Google Cloud/Azure)
- Strong experience in Serverless Framework
- State Machine and Step Function experience advantageous
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritising work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You're experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You're comfortable collaborating closely with product, stakeholders and sponsors, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team's roadmap.
- You're a thoughtful communicator - some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognizing the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Client
- Be a role model for the Client’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization and external business contacts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed