CCTV / Physical Security Engineer at 1905 Technologies
1905 Technologies is driven by one and only one objective – the best interests of our clients are our only interests. We take your challenges to heart and we make them our challenges. We are truly advocates for our clients; delivering complete impartiality, independence, and dedication in serving our clients’ needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CCTV / Physical Security Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
- 1905 Technologies is accepting applications for security (CCTV) and access control technicians to travel for service and installation projects for our client.
- Must have strong knowledge of IP CCTV and Access control installation/service, structured cabling methods and standards, and basic networking knowledge.
- Looking for a motivated self-starter who can work independently and find solutions to get jobs done. Long-term employment with an array of benefits for the right person.
- Travel is required, the engineer would be required to relocate to N’Djamena, Tchad
Essential Job Functions
- Install IP CCTV, IP Access Control, IP PBX, and subsidiary equipment
- Install cabling, mount equipment, install card readers, door contacts, mag locks, electrified strikes, and integrated systems.
- Test installed equipment and basic programmings such as adding card readers, users, cameras, and door controllers to any system.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs per the maintenance agreement by manufacturers’ approved procedures.
- Maintain documentation of overall systems (ie, floor plans, equipment make/model, passwords, networking, etc).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any system or component level equipment
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the job site, and company personnel.
- Assemble and install access control panels, power supplies, cable pathways system, and various cable that includes, but is not limited to, CAT cable, low voltage cable, and coax.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the job on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files, Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, schematics, and technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Dispute material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, and tools placed in technicians' custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Interested candidates should possess a minimum of an FSLC qualification
- 3 - 5 years installing commercial access control and CCTV systems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic networking
- Knowledge of cabling including Cat5e, Cat6, and Coaxial.
- Basic work planning and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of both analog and IP CCTV systems to include DVRs, NVRs, and Hybrids
- Able to troubleshoot an Access Control or video system from the Server
- Able to troubleshoot and configure network security devices.
- System/component level troubleshooting and working knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a multi-meter
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to act independently
- Ability to organize workload effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Demonstrate ability to operate test equipment.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical skills and computer skills
- 2+ years of experience
- Fluency in French would be beneficial
- Networking and IT certifications such as CCNA, MCSA would be a plus
- Must be able to pass security and background checks
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This is an immediate opening.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed