Michael Stevens Consulting - On behalf of our client, a player in the Oil and Gas sector, we are searching for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Expedite/facilitate the flow of materials between various departments and from office to field. checking quality level
- Responsible for inspecting materials for both quality and quantity.
- Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure that the standards of quality are met and the appropriate quantity has been received.
- Comparing goods with specification and checking of quality level
- liaising with vendors, handling inventories, and tracking orders:
- Keeping track of deliveries, movement of material, the needs of each sector and deadlines involves maintaining accurate, up-to-the-minute records.
- Managed, controlled and directed resources to accomplish maintenance through an effective interface between R&D, Materials Warehouses, Logistics and field locations.
- Work with procurement management to identify performance gaps and delays and to ensure expediting issues are being coordinated and resolved.
- Monitored inventory of supplies and ensured that low stock situations were timely conveyed.
- Created and maintained effective relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Arrange for in-house transfer of materials, aiming to meet production schedules.
- Examine material received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies, like damaged or unmarked parts
- Excel at coordinating tasks of numerous internal divisions and external agencies to ensure rapid, accurate delivery of equipment, materials and resources.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with Material Management Office Managers, Project Material Management Managers and Project Procurement Managers
- Main interface to co-ordinate transport to meet material delivery schedules.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements as exigent.
- Keep track of incoming and out going materials from field locations and workshop for repairs and possible follow up with responsible parties to ensure on time completion.
- Follow up on all procured materials through Procurement card and successful delivery to site where required.
- Vehicle, Barge and vessel booking, scheduling and tracking
- OND / HND in any Science / Engineering discipline
- 5-10 years work experience in Material Management and logistics within the oil and gas Industry.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Basic Planning & Scheduling skills.
- Capable of learning multiple internal processes and systems with adherence to policies, safety and security procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including materials management
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, establish priorities and yet be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidats should send their CV to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed