Logistics Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant (Mechanic)
Job Identification: 2192
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Logistics
Level: Grade Level 4 Step 1 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Duty station: Roving
Travel: 75% travel to other implementing LGA's
Duration and type of contract: 12 months
Commencement: 1st July, 2021
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Technical Assistant (Mechanic) for our mission in Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics Technical Assistant (Mechanic) position is servicing, maintenance and repair of NRC vehicles and other engines according to NRC protocols to ensure that vehicles are in perfect running conditions.
- The Logistics Technical Assistant (Mechanic) reports to the Logistics Coordinator. This position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function specifically on fleet management.
- Perform maintenance and repair of NRC vehicles according to the instructions the set schedule and policy
- Cary out timely vehicles services (all types of services -A, B C - to all vehicles) and test all vehicles after each service and before handing back to its driver
- Keep record of vehicle’s driver remarks on the log sheets, and carry out repairs if needed
- In the case of a breakdown, make a diagnosis, and report for further action on required repairs
- Carry out repair works of other mechanical equipment. Fill in service, repair or vehicle log book
- Support the Fleet Officer in managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out a physical stock inventory, making any orders necessary for renewing the stock, avoiding any shortage and ensuring security stocks
- Be responsible for the equipment and tools, ensuring they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, keeping the inventory updated
- Support the evaluation of external workshops for eventual sub-contracting as well as light and heavy vehicle renting
- Report to the line manager any problem related to NRC vehicles
- Assist in briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed